Created By: Downtown Ithaca Alliance
309 N. Cayuga St. - Local Baptists built their first church on this site in 1831, their second in 1855, and their third and largest structure in 1890, which stands today. A $12,000 grant from John D. Rockefeller was matched by the church, which employed William H. Miller as the architect for this Romanesque Revival structure. Miller loosely based his design on medieval prototypes and emphasized a rough-faced masonry with arched windows and doors.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Architectural Walking Tour of Downtown Ithaca