First Christian Church

Historical Sites Downtown Myrtle Creek

First Christian Church

Myrtle Creek, Oregon 97457, United States

Created By: Myrtle Creek Historical Society

Point of Interest Details

In the 300 block of Second Ave is the First Christian Church. The congregation was formed in 1855. Between 1870 and 1890, services were held in the old school building which was located where City Hall is now. The present church was completed in 1890. The building was dedicated by renowned evangelist A.B. Wade. Somewhere in time, the upper part of the steeple (about 20 ft) was lost, windows were replaced, front doors replaced, transom light boarded up and an addition added on the left. Otherwise it hasn’t changed much and is the oldest church in town.

This point of interest is part of the tour: Historical Sites Downtown Myrtle Creek


 

Leave a Comment

 


 

Download the App

Download the PocketSights Tour Guide mobile app to take this self-guided tour on your GPS-enabled mobile device.

iOS Tour Guide Android Tour Guide

 


 

Updates and Corrections

Please send change requests to changerequest@pocketsights.com.