Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
The First Unitarian Church Society of Ithaca was founded by Ezra Cornell and Ben Morse and others in 1865. The first building of the church was erected at that time at Buffalo Street and Terrace Place but burned down in 1893. William H. Miller designed the current church building on the corner of Buffalo and Aurora streets, although the spire has since been redesigned.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Ezra Cornell Historic Tour