Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
306 North Aurora Street, built in 1895-1896
This Queen Anne style building was built as the home of Oliver L. Dean, president of Bush and Dean dry goods. It later served as offices for physicians Francis Forster and Frank S. Janas before being purchased by the First Unitarian Society in 1958 for its expanding religious education programs. The two buildings were connected by a major renovation and addition from 1990 to 1992. Note the two-story porch with its own gable, ornate molding on the front door, Palladian window with leaded glass, and eyebrow window.
This point of interest is part of the tour: William Henry Miller Downtown Architecture Walking Tour