Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
Previously the DeWitt farm, Ezra bought this property and renamed it Forest Park. He turned it into a model farm. This 200 acres of land eventually became Cornell University. Later, the house became Ezra and Mary Ann's son Franklin C. Cornell's home. In 1929, Forest Park was sold to the university to become the residential facility for the graduating class in architecture. In the early 1960s, it was demolished and the Tau Delta Tau fraternity was built.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Ezra Cornell Historic Tour