Created By: Historic Decatur Association
This house is known by its nickname “Fort Nash” because of its rare International Art Deco design. The house was designed in 1939 by the head of the Architecture Department at Auburn University and given as a wedding gift from Mrs. Nash to her daughter. The home features solid limestone walls with glass brick windows and accents. The circular entry leads to a semi-circular room. The house sports a full basement with a shuffleboard court and glass brick bar with a full soda fountain.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Old Decatur Historic District