Created By: Downtown Ithaca Alliance
The Gateway Center was built in 1925 as a warehouse for Dean of Ithaca, a trucking firm. Don Dickinson bought the building in 1993 and created plans to renovate the building for office use. It was then that the DeWitt Historical Society (currently the History Center) relocated from the Clinton House to this building. A decade later, the building was bought, renovated, and renamed by Mack Travis as the Gateway Center and now leases office spaces.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Architectural Walking Tour of Downtown Ithaca