Created By: PocketSights
Grumblethorpe Tenant House, also known as the Tenant House of Wister's Big House, is a historic home located in the Wisterneighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was built about 1744, and expanded in the early 19th-century. It is a 2 1/2-story, stone dwelling, 31 feet square. The original house was one-story, 19 feet wide by 28 feet deep. It was originally built as a dependency to John Wister's summer home, Grumblethorpe.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. It is a contributing property of the Colonial Germantown Historic District, which has been designated a National Historic Landmark.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Haunted Philadelphia - Copy