Created By: Lake Hartwell Country - Leadership Pendleton on the Map
The Guard House, which also served as a market place, was built circa 1860 on the site of the former town jail. The 1911 one story addition later served as the town library. Presently the upper level is the magistrate's office after serving as the town's police headquarters for many years.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Pendleton Historic Walking Tour