Created By: Ohio's Winding Road
Harigle Garage- To the right of where Bills Lunch once stood is the Harigle Garage building. The building dates back to 1912 and was originally owned by Shawnee resident Frank Grimes. Grimes sold the building to another Shawnee resident, Ottie Harigle. Harigle expanded the storefront and now the large building served as Harigle Garage by 1918. It was an Oldsmobile dealership. Harigle Garage was built with Rock Run brick, the same brick featured in a large majority of buildings along E. Main St including Tecumseh Theater and Blairs. Two Gas pumps were located outside of the building. Interestingly, Harigle Garage also doubled as a candy store. Lastly, the garage was turned into an indoor parking garage for the village and through the 1970s, the space could house 8-10 automobiles in the facility.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Shawnee Historic Walking Tour