Created By: Goulbourn Township Historical Society
3444 McBean Street
This house, representative of a late 19th century village home and commercial building, was built was probably built around the 1870’s or 1880’s when the centre of the village moved north to the intersection of Perth and McBean Streets. The structure has housed a shoemaker’s shop, a tailor shop and the village post office from 1904 to 1941. In 1993 it became the site of “The Country Quilter”.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Richmond Ontario's 200th Anniversary Walking Tour