Created By: Goulbourn Township Historical Society
3468 McBean Street
This beautiful house was built about 1893 by prominent Richmond businessman Henry McElroy. He used three layers of bricks from his own brickyard. The house is based on the Queen Anne style of architecture with a two-storey bay window and a second floor projecting frontispiece with bracketed cornice. It was purchased by Dr. Chanonhouse in 1903 and he practised medicine here until his death in 1928. He was highly regarded by the local population for his dedication to his patients.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Richmond Ontario's 200th Anniversary Walking Tour