Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
In the 1950s, Ithaca College seriously considered making the building at 115 S. Quarry the cornerstone of a new campus perched above Six Mile Creek. Variously known as the Ithaca City Hospital/Quarry Dormitory/Ithacare Building, the structure was used by Ithaca College as a clasroom, office, and dormitory from 1959 to 1975. It is now the Quarry Arms apartments.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Ithaca College: A Walking Tour of Its Downtown Roots