Created By: Students of Tc3
Photographed in 1900-1912.
In 1807, this was the sight of Ithaca's first school. The building was demolished around 1884 and then reconstructed. A fire ravaged the structure in 1912, which completely destroyed it. Later, in 1960, a new building was created which was home to the DeWitt junior high school. When the school moved to its current location, the original site was repurposed into the DeWitt Mall and apartments.
This point of interest is part of the tour: History Hike