Created By: Students of Tc3
Photographed between 1898-1904.
Once a great landmark, the Ithaca Hotel was located at the site of Viva Restaurant. It could house 200 guests and 175 dinners at one time. In 1898, the building was renovated and rebranded as The New Ithaca Hotel. It was then purchased by the Ithaca Hotel Corporation in 1958, and they planned on creating a new building to replace it. In 1968, the demolition began. The initial plan was to build a department store, hotel, and a parking garage on the plot. However, only the parking garage and department store were built at the sight; the plan to rebuild the hotel never came to fruition.
This point of interest is part of the tour: History Hike