Created By: Kristin Bowl
5 Stouffer Avenue- Lakin Farmhouse: Constructed in 1769, the Lakin Farmhouse is the oldest extant structure in Boonsboro. The original builder of the stone and log structure is believed to have been Robert Turner (Turner’s Gap).
By 1877 the property was owned by John Nicodemus, a prominent citizen and businessman.
In 1915, the 500- acre farm deeded as Nelson’s Folly, was purchased by Susan and David Lakin, then passed on to John W. Lakin in 1958. This house is an excellent example of early architecture in Boonsboro and has been associated for many
years with the town’s prominent families.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Boonsboro, Maryland Walking Tour