Created By: ULSARA
Built in 1791, and officially named Eustace Bridge after Lieutenant Colonel Charles Eustace, M.P. and Deputy Chairman of the Grand Canal Company. The bridge features in one of only two British Pathe videos of Queen Victoria, taken on her visit to Dublin in 1901. The photos show the temporary structures built on the bridge in honour of her visit. The later structures were built to honour visits in 1903 of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra and 1911.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Upper Leeson Street Area Dublin Walking Tour