Created By: William A Carpenter
This pair of 9000 lbs lions has stood guard outside the old police headquarters since 1930. They were moved to the current headquarters when it opened in 1991. Then in 2012 the lions were moved from in front of the police headquarters at 120 Marconi Bulvd and placed outside the old HQ at 120 W Gay St which is no longer used by police. After more then 4 years they were again moved back to their current location 120 Marconi Blvd. Slightly stylized lion lying on a rectangular block, head erect, forepaws extended, tail curled. There is a duplicate lion, also on a rectangular black, at the opposite side of the entrance.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Columbus Ohio Outdoor Sculpture Tour