Created By: UW-Madison
1810 Linden Drive
Built in 1992
The Livestock Laboratory, formerly known as the Large Animal Holding Facility, is used for teaching and research in cattle, swine, sheep and goats. In 1979, a faculty committee justified a need for a large animal holding facility with equipment to flush manure to the Madison city sewage system. As more modern and effective manure handling equipment became available, the manure was no longer flushed into the city’s sewage system. The building has an unusual design compared to other buildings on campus and is sometimes refered to as the ‘Pizza Hut’ building.
Web site: www.ansci.wisc.edu
This point of interest is part of the tour: University of Wisconsin-Madison West CALS