Created By: Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center
J. M. Long became a resident of Pulaski County when his father moved the family here from Kentucky to 1887. He had a grocery in Waynesvile, but was burned out in 1887. He was elected county sheriff in 1888, and served in that capacity until 1892. In 1906, he built this remodeled structure of concrete block. The bottom floor was a store and post office at one time; the second floor, called the "opera house" was used for community entertainment such as local theater productions. Check out the historic photographs inside Lone Oak Printing.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Waynesville Downtown Walking Tour