Created By: Sarah Mims
This beautifully preserved house has had only 3 owners. In 1735, Benjamin Chambers, Sheriff of Philadelphia, sold 200 acres of what was originally a 2,000 acre tract to Samuel and Jane Sellers. The Sellers constructed a log house here in 1740 and then an adjoining stone house in 1782. The house and outbuildings now sit in 11 and half acres under a conservancy easement; the remaining acreage belongs to the Brandywine Valley Association. The site also features a windmill/cistern water system, a corncrib, a 1700's workshop and former dairy barn.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Village of Locust Grove