Created By: PocketSights
An example of Federal-style and Greek-revival architecture, the main structure was built by Thomas Armat in 1801 and expanded in 1810. The Greek portico was built in 1830. The house stands on one of the highest hills overlooking Philadelphia and the Delaware River from Germantown. During and after the Battle of Germantown many wounded soldiers were carried to the top of the hill where Loudoun now stands.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Haunted Philadelphia - Copy