Created By: Willowbrook
The opening shots show the south west front of Belton House, Grantham, Lincolnshire. The motorcyclists are driving down the south avenue. The Machine Gun Corps was founded in 1915 and trained in the Belton Military Camp built in Belton Park in 1914. The grounds were donated by the third Earl Brownlow to Lord Kitchener for the duration of the war. The camp was demolished by 1922. Belton House & park is a National Trust property open to the public.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Belton Park Military Camp in WWI