Created By: Scripps College
The garden was designed by Gordon Kaufman in 1934. The enclosed, European medieval-style cloister garden accompanies thesmall chapel (oratory) on the northeast side. The garden’s square design with a central water feature also alludes to the Persian paradise garden. The garden is dedicated to the memory of Margaret Fowler, a member of the first board of trustees and local philanthropist, who died in 1931.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Scripps Art Tour