Created By: Jones House
Currently known as the Mast General Store, these two buildings (west building constructed in 1922, east building in 1927) have held various storefronts throughout the years including a bank, a telephone exchange, numerous retail stores and five and dimes, a café, a radio station, a beauty salon, and Belk Department Store. It is most associated with Hunt’s Department Store, which opened in 1943. Mast General Store moved into the building in 1988.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Boone Walking Tour