Created By: North Dakota State University
The second county courthouse building was on the corner of 8th Street and 1st Avenue North and built for around $2100. It was built in 1878 and was torn down by the Works Progress Administration in the 1930’s. This was the first courthouse built after the battle with the town of Glyndon over where the county seat would be located was settled. Moorhead won and today the county seat of Clay County remains in Moorhead.
For more information on Moorhead's courthouses, visit sites nine, 34, and 35.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Moorhead Historic Preservation Walking Tour