Created By: North Dakota State University
This building is dedicated to man that made land grant universities possible, Justin Smith Morrill. He was a U.S. Representative that saw that value of scholarship, teaching, learning, and culture. So on July 2nd, 1862, President Abraham Lincoln signed the Land Grant Act into law. What is interesting is that each land grant school has a Morrill Hall. Iowa State? Their Morrill Hall is an Art Museum. The University of Tennessee? It is a residence hall.
The construction of the building began in 1922. It is the only campus building solely devoted to agriculture. The original name for the building was the Agricultural Building, but on NDSU's 75th Anniversary, it was renamed to Morrill Hall. It now holds the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources.  
This point of interest is part of the tour: North Dakota State University Walking Tour