Created By: Wichita History Walk
(The building referenced is across the street from you, in the lot where Two Bros. BBQ now stands.)
One of Wichitas first florists, Charles Mueller began business in Wichita in 1888. After a dissolved business relationship with the only other florist in town, Charles established the Mueller Floral Company in 1888. When Charles died in 1932, his son Harrie took over and ran the company until his retirement in 1955. In 1961, they moved to 3123 East Douglas as pictured. That building has since been razed. Currently, Muellers is still in business and located at 3555 East Douglas. Charles Mueller was a prominent leader in the community, helping to found the YMCA and later served as the organization's first secretary. He was also a founding member of St. Paul's Methodist Church. After serving on the Board of Education for many years, his legacy lives on as the namesake of Mueller Elementary School.
Source: Wichita Eagle
This point of interest is part of the tour: East Douglas Heritage