Created By: Los Angeles Visionaries Association
Harris Newmark Block, AKA Music Art Studio, 231-35 S Bway, Abram Edelman, 1899. The building had a large hall (Blanchard Music Hall) with a seating capacity of 800. It was used for chamber music concerts and other programs. There was another smaller hall seating 150 and a banquet hall for 300. There was also an "Assembly Hall" of unknown capacity. There was also space in the Music and Art Building for studios for 150 musicians and artists as well as a fourth floor art gallery.
Boston Dry Goods, 237-41 S Bway, Eisen & Hunt, 1895. Boston Dry Goods, born of J W Robinson, went on to become Robinson's.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Romanesque Revival Downtown