Created By: Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center
These apartments occupy a portion of the former Waynesville USO club, built in 1942. The USO was a way for local communities to participate in the war effort during World War II, and the Fort Leonard Wood area was no exception. As the military was still segregated, plans called for separate clubs. At first space above a store was rented. Dedication of this USO buiilding was held March 7, 1942. It was an L-shaped building. The main lobby was two stories high, with a penthouse. All that remains is one wing of that builiding now converted to apartments.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Waynesville Downtown Walking Tour