Created By: Cornell Botanic Gardens
A low, wooden suspension bridge once spanned the creek here. Look for old steps cut into the bedrock and retaining walls for the trail on the opposite side of the creek. This bridge provided the only access to Cornell’s campus from the gorge’s north side until the Thurston Avenue Bridge was built in 1897. After several washouts, the suspension footbridge downstream from here was built in 1901 as its replacement.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Fall Creek Gorge Tour