Created By: Licking County Library
This building at 88 West Church Street was the third location of the Newark Public Library, now known as the Licking County Library. The library opened at this location on August 9, 1950, and was used until the current library opened on February 2, 2000. The library was originally located in the Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Memorial Building, later known as the Auditorium, before moving to a house at 105 West Church Street, across the street from this building.
Image 1 :Photograph of the Newark Public Library and its Bookmobile as they appeared in 1958.
Image 2: Architect's rendering of the proposed library facility at 88 West Church Street before the construction.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Newark Downtown Walking Tour