Created By: Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center
The original building was built by William Walton McDonald in the mid-1850s. The original structure was two log cabins connect by an open "dogtrot". One cabin was used as a residence and the other as a stop for passengers on the Burden and Woodson stage route (later the South-Western) that ran from St. James to Springfield three times a week. The railroad came through Pulaski County in 1869 and the stagecoach business dried up. W.W. McDonald sold the builiding in 1870.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Waynesville Downtown Walking Tour