Created By: Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center
Claude and Eva Rigsby bought this house, which stands on lots 6 and 7 in blck 4 of the original town of Waynesville, in 1924. We don't know the year of construction of the home but the foundation is made of rough-hewn logs. For 33 years, Claude operated the Standard Service Station next to his home, serving Route 66 as it passed through town. During the years when Fort Leonard Wood was being built, the Rigsby's rented rooms and beds to construction workers.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Waynesville Downtown Walking Tour