Created By: Visit Madison, Inc.
210 W. Third Street. The Roberts M. E. Capel was built in 1852 by the Third Street Methodists - a congregation formed in 1844 by a group who split off from the Wesley Chapel over how much choir music and how much congregational signing should be permitted. The Methodists reunited in 1872 and this building was sold to the Catholics who used it briefly as a school for boys.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Churches Walking Tour