Created By: Douglas T Stiff
This heritage property was constructed in 1895 by carpenter Charles Robinson as his summer residence, during Britannia Village’s rapid growth in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The historical plaque notes:
“The building’s irregular roofline, shingled gable ends and upper bay wrapped by a seven sided porch with a conical roof show the influence of the Queen Anne Revival style, popular at the time for resort architecture” (City of Ottawa, 1995).
This point of interest is part of the tour: Britannia Village History