Created By: PocketSights Ruthmere Tours
Ruthmere's Gardens & Grounds tour is the garage. The garage was built at the same time as Ruthmere Mansion, in 1910. The garage originally housed Albert Beardsley's 1918 Cadillac, as well as a tool room. In addition, the garage is equipped with a wooden turntable that could spin the cars one hundred and eighty degrees, because many vehicles did not have reverse. The second floor was used as an apartment for the chauffeur. Today, the main level holds three antique cars: the 1912 Pratt Forty, the 1914 Milburn Electric, and the 1917 Cadillac. The second level has been converted into the Robert Beardsley Arts Reference Library, open by appointment. The garage also features a hollyhock Tiffany window, as well as other fine pieces of art and murals.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Gardens and Grounds (Green Tour)