Schiltz Building

Historical Sites Downtown Myrtle Creek

Schiltz Building

Myrtle Creek, Oregon 97457, United States

Created By: Myrtle Creek Historical Society

Point of Interest Details

On Second Ave north of the Redwood tree, we have the present Myrtle Creek Community Center. This is known as the Schiltz Building and was location of the Myrtle Creek Mail for many years. The Mail has been in continuous publication since 1902 except for a period during World War II. The original publishers of the newspaper were Thurman Chaney and Charles Rice (at a different location than this). Hal & Portia Schiltz published the newspaper in this building and offered other printing services from 1948 to 1974. They were very active in the community and established a trust giving the building to the City for a community center.

This point of interest is part of the tour: Historical Sites Downtown Myrtle Creek


 

Leave a Comment

 


 

Download the App

Download the PocketSights Tour Guide mobile app to take this self-guided tour on your GPS-enabled mobile device.

iOS Tour Guide Android Tour Guide

 


 

Updates and Corrections

Please send change requests to changerequest@pocketsights.com.