Created By: Kristin Bowl
102 North Main St.- Shafer Tannery: In the early part of the nineteenth century, Jonathan Shafer had a large tannery at this location. The left side of the building was used as an office and the land behind was the site of the tannery.
Mary Shafer, a descendant of the family, donated this site for a park to the town of Boonsboro. The park, built during the depression years by the Work Project Administration, was dedicated in 1939.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Boonsboro, Maryland Walking Tour