Created By: Marist College
Sheahan Hall was the campus’s first residence hall in 1962, and it was named after a pastor in St. Peter's church here in Poughkeepsie. This church was also the parish church of the Marist brothers at the time. Monsignor Sheahan advised the brothers to purchase the Bech Estate in 1908. Now this property forms the entire south side of campus, the Waterworks Road.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Marist College Campus Tour