Created By: Ithaca Heritage
Sheldon Court opened as a private dormitory for Cornell students in 1903 and was eventually purchased by the university in 1955. Many notable Cornellians lived here, including children's author E. B. White, Class of 1921, who moved in shortly after his arrival in Ithaca in 1917. White described his room as "an incredible cell, shaped like a wedge of pie and about the size of a broom closet." After five days at Sheldon, he relocated to Baker Hall on West Campus.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Ithaca Literary Tour