Created By: Heritage Hill Association
This home was constructed as a duplex and serves as the example of homes which transitioned from the early classic style to the Italian modes. The original 1855 house is the south half of the façade. The north half was added in 1870 by the original owner, Simon Russell, who operated an early brickyard in Burlington. The two halves are completely separated by a double wall. The main portion of the house is rectangular and symmetrical with the low pitched gable roof, paired chimneys on either side and numerous eave brackets. The house is constructed of brick with stone lentils on the front and brick segmental arches in the rear, 6 over 6 windows in original shutters remain. on the east side a double set of limestone steps enters through a low limestone retaining wall to the main entry door.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Heritage Hill Historic District Walking Tour