Created By: Camden County Historical Society
The first bridge across the Cooper closest to its confluence with the Delaware River is the State Street Bridge. Daniel Bishop built a bridge in this location in 1857. Benjamin Sweeten built a replacement “Warren Through-Truss” center-pivot bridge in 1899 to replace it. Camden County built a fixed replacement bridge in 2013 and converted the State StreeT Bridge shown in the June 1977photo above for pedestrian use.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Lower Cooper River