Created By: UW-Madison
1675 Linden Drive
Built in 1908
The Stock Pavilion, which seats 2,000 in the main arena, was the largest gathering place in Madison until 1930. It was designed to host livestock shows and provide a home for the university’s horses that managed campus fields. The stock pavilion does not currently house animals, but animals are often brought in for educational purposes. Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, William Jennings Bryan, Harry Truman, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Bill Clinton are among the prominent Americans who have given speeches here. Orchestras, pianist Sergei Rachmaninoff, Billy Joel, and REM are among the musicians that have performed here due to the building’s desirable acoustics.
This point of interest is part of the tour: University of Wisconsin-Madison West CALS