Created By: Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center
The village of Swedeborg was named in 1883 by Swedish immigrants that bought the land from the railroad company. Frisco built the depot in 1881. Swedeborg was a fuel stop for locomotives and was known prior to 1883 as "Woodend", for the piles of cordwood locals stacked along the railroad right-of-way. Over the years the town had at least two major fires and was hit by two tornados, 1927 and 1937.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Frisco Railroad