Created By: Students of Tc3
Named in honor of New York governor DeWitt Clinton, the Clinton House was one of the finest hotels in New York; boasting a total of one hundred fifty rooms. This beautiful Greek Revival building served as a hub for important political and social events. In 1901, the building suffered a massive fire that devastated the top floor and roof while water and falling debris damaged the floors below. With help from many volunteers, the building was renovated to become the New Roots Charter School.
This point of interest is part of the tour: History Hike