Created By: North Dakota State University
The Fargo Fine-Arts House is 100 years old and is home to the 105-year-old Fine-Arts Club. The house is located on the corner of Fourth Street and Sixth Avenue South, right next to island park. The house was once Watson Hall, which was part of the Fargo College Conservatory of Music and while the college closed in 1922 and again in 1930, the house was donated to the club by owner Lizzie Watson. The house also has its own manager as Mona Arnold is the only club member to reside there. She is responsible for cleaning the house, prepping luncheons and speaking engagements, calling for repairs and baking responsibilities.
The Fine Arts Club consists mostly of elderly women, finding ways of passing time yet the club is open to all people interested in the arts. The club, ran by the president Jan Ulferts Stewart stated that the club is “for people of any age who want to form friendships, volunteer and learn something new.”
This point of interest is part of the tour: Island Park: Fargo's First Park