Created By: Ithaca Heritage
This Classical Revival/French Baroque post office was built in 1909. It is one of a number of post offices built during this period of growth for the postal service, all ex officio supervised by James Knox Taylor, the Supervising Architect of the Treasury Department. In 2000, the building was retrofitted to serve as the Town of Ithaca's Town Hall.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Downtown Ithaca Architectural Tour