Created By: Douglas T Stiff
This auditorium was moved from OERC’s West End (Victoria) Park to Britannia Park in 1904 and rebranded the Lakeside Gardens’ Pavilion. It became a staple and long-lasting feature of the park, hosting Sunday concerts, dances, big band and theatre performances, which continued to draw crowds throughout the 1930s and 1940s. In 1955, the aging structure burned down. In 1958, Lakeside Gardens’ was rebuilt, which was renamed the Ron Kolbus-Lakeside Centre on May 4, 2002 to recognize the local city councilor’s contributions and leadership within the community. In addition to its function as a community centre, there is an outdoor patio, changing facilities and multiple concession stands that operate during the summer months.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Britannia Village History