The White Horse Hotel burnt down in the 1900's but some still remains as private houses (37 and 39 Whitehorese Street)
This coaching inn, with its principal entrance in Whitehorse Street, was for better class travellers and the Royal Mail coaches, and had stabling for up to 150 horses.
Many of the long-distance coaches stopped here, every day or every other day, to and from Glasgow, Leeds, York, Lincoln, and Stamford
By the late 18th century the Falcon had become the tap of the White Horse. The inn declined after the opening the the railway in 1850; it finally closed in 1864 and became a school, but soon afterwards most of the building was burnt out. The White Horse tap, which had once been the Falcon Inn, became the Old White Horse public house.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Baldock Sights - Part 2